Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Armenia claims Azerbaijan repeatedly violated ceasefire over past 24 hours

April 15, 12:10 UTC+3 YEREVAN
Earlier in the day, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry reported carrying out 118 fire attacks on positions of Nagornpo-Karabakh forces
1 pages in this article
© Karo Sahakyan/PAN Photo via AP

YEREVAN, April 15. /TASS/. Armenia’s Defense Ministry accused Azerbaijan’s armed forces on Friday of having violated ceasefire more than 60 times along the front line over the past 24 hours.

The forces used small arms, sniper weapons, 82-mm and 60-mm mortars and also mounted grenade launchers, the ministry said, especially voicing concerns over the situation in the northern, northeastern, eastern and southern directions of the contact line.

The ceasefire violations over the past two days already grow into "armed incidents that result in deaths." "The Azerbaijani side is fully responsible for the consequences of the incidents on the contact line," the ministry said.

Earlier in the day, Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry said Armenia’s forces have violated ceasefire along the front line 110 times over the past 24 hours also using 60-mm mortars, grenade launchers and large-caliber machine guns.

The situation along the contact line of conflicting sides in Nagorno-Karabakh, a disputed territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan, deteriorated dramatically overnight to April 2 when fierce clashes began. The parties to the conflict accused each other of violating the truce. At a meeting of chiefs of General Staff of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Moscow an agreement was reached on the ceasefire from noon local time (0800GMT) on April 5.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама