Russian space budget may grow this yearScience & Space May 26, 20:48
Moscow hopes London High Court will deliver judgement on Ukraine’s debt to Russia soonBusiness & Economy May 26, 20:21
Hungarian top diplomat: EU must discuss anti-Russian sanctionsWorld May 26, 19:56
Russian, French top diplomats discuss preparations for Putin’s visit to FranceRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:47
Moscow comments on Tallinn’s move to expel Russian diplomatsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:43
WADA: Legendary Isinbayeva suits role of ambassador for clean sports in RussiaSport May 26, 19:33
Russia working on advanced air defense systemMilitary & Defense May 26, 19:17
WADA receives Russia’s new national anti-doping planSport May 26, 19:14
Moldova’s ruling pro-European coalition breaks upWorld May 26, 19:12
TEHRAN, April 6. /TASS/. Mortar shells that exploded on Sunday on Iran’s territory close to the border with the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region had been fired from Armenia’s territory, Iran's Commander of Border Guards Brigadier General Qasem Rezaei said.
"During conflicts between Baku and Yerevan in the past few days, several mortar shells from Armenia were 'unintentionally' fallen in Iran's zero border point," the official was quoted by the IRNA news agency as saying. Iran has called on Armenian border guards not to repeat such actions.
Rezaei visited the border areas in northwestern Iran’s province and said that the situation on the border with Azerbaijan and Armenia was safe. He also met with Azerbaijan’s deputy chief of the State Border Service, Ilham Mehdiyev, and reviewed joint border issues.
The Fars news agency reported on April 3 citing local officials that three mortar shells fired during clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh hit a village in Iran's northwestern province of East Azerbaijan. No casualties or injuries were reported.
The situation along the line of contact in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone deteriorated dramatically overnight to April 2 when fierce clashes began. The parties to the conflict accused each other of violating the truce.
The Armenian and Azerbaijani defense ministries announced cessation of combat operations in Nagorno-Karabakh from 11:00 a.m. (0800GMT) Moscow time on April 5.