PARNAS leader attacked during march in Nemtsov’s memorySociety & Culture February 26, 16:59
Donetsk water purification station recaptured from Ukrainian radicalsWorld February 26, 15:24
Russian skiers Ustyugov, Kryukov win team sprint at World ChampionshipsSport February 26, 15:23
Opposition activist Dadin sentenced for disorders at rallies leaves jailRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 26, 12:58
Aerospace Force chief says Russian army to get new combat jets and helicoptersMilitary & Defense February 26, 11:15
Mistura says Homs terror attacks attempt to derail Geneva talksWorld February 26, 5:49
Where to watch unique solar eclipse and spectacular ‘ring of fire’Science & Space February 26, 3:24
HNC expects Trump to correct Obama's mistakes in Syria - delegation headWorld February 26, 3:08
War on terror to dominate Geneva talks — Syrian UN envoyWorld February 25, 23:48
THE HAGUE, March 24 /TASS/. The former Bosnian Serb leader, Radovan Karadzic, is going to appeal against the ICTY verdict, his lawyers said on Thursday.
The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) has sentenced Karadzic to 40 years in jail.
Presiding Judge O-Gon Kwon who announced the verdict on Thursday said the court had found Karadzic guilty of 10 of 11 charges, including genocide in the Muslim enclave of Srebrenica where more than 7,000 Muslim men and boys were executed in 1995.
The former Bosnian Serb leader was acquitted on a charge of genocide, which, according to the prosecutors, had been committed in seven municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.
"We are going to file an appeal," Karadzic’s lawyers told journalists after the trial.