Trump vows to 'totally destroy North Korea' if threatenedWorld September 19, 17:50
Russian top brass calls on US to not hamper Damascus’ fight against terrorismMilitary & Defense September 19, 17:49
Zapad-2017 exercise puts Russian army’s "nervous system" to testMilitary & Defense September 19, 17:33
Ukrainian conflict led to spike in hate speech, Russophobia — Council of EuropeWorld September 19, 17:00
Russian regions contribute scores of natural stones for memorial to Gulag victimsSociety & Culture September 19, 16:45
Warsaw police hunting vandals who desecrated Soviet military cemeteryWorld September 19, 16:39
Donbass truce first step towards lifting anti-Russian sanctions — German top diplomatWorld September 19, 16:36
Moscow court arrests man suspected of stabbing hiker to deathSociety & Culture September 19, 16:34
Zapad-2017: Large-scale Russia-Belarus military exercisesMilitary & Defense September 19, 16:31
THE HAGUE, March 24 /TASS/. The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) has found the former Bosnian Serb leader, Radovan Karadzic, guilty of violations of the laws and customs of war, Presiding Judge O-Gon Kwon said on Thursday.
According to him, Karadzic bears responsibility for murders, terror and illegal attacks on civilians during the siege of Sarajevo as well as for taking UN peacekeepers hostage with an aim to prevent NATO air strikes against the Bosnian Serb military targets.
The court has sentenced the former Bosnian Serb leader to 40 years in jail.
Presiding Judge O-Gon Kwon who announced the verdict on Thursday said the court had found Karadzic guilty of 10 of 11 charges, including genocide in the Muslim enclave of Srebrenica where more than 7,000 Muslim men and boys were executed in 1995.
The former Bosnian Serb leader was acquitted on a charge of genocide, which, according to the prosecutors, had been committed in seven municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.
Karadzic has the right to appeal against the ICTY verdict.