WannaCry ransomware may be authored by hackers from Southern China — mediaWorld May 29, 8:58
Russia’s Eastern Military District receives new shipment of Terminator helicoptersMilitary & Defense May 29, 8:18
North Korea test fires another missileWorld May 29, 1:29
Russia’s Zvyagintsev wins Jury Prize at 70th Cannes Film Festival with his LovelessSociety & Culture May 28, 21:32
Three Russian tourists hurt is road accident with tourist minibus in TurkeySociety & Culture May 28, 18:58
Some 40,000 cyclists taking part in Moscow cycle paradeSociety & Culture May 28, 18:33
Corporation Irkut: MS-21 first flight performed in routine modeBusiness & Economy May 28, 16:54
Ukrainian military launch more than 180 shells, mines on Donetsk within one dayWorld May 28, 16:36
Minister: Russia may supply 1,000 MC-21 planes to 2037Business & Economy May 28, 14:42
MOSCOW, March 2. /TASS/. Five transformer substations on the western outskirts of the southeast Ukrainian city of Donetsk have been de-energized as a result of a shelling attack of the Ukrainian forces, head of the city’s Petrovsky district administration Maxim Zhukovsky said on Wednesday.
"Four transformer substations in the Petrovsky district and one — in Alexandrovka have been cut off from power supply as a result of the Ukrainian forces’ shelling attack," he is quoted by the Donetsk news agency. Zhukovsky added that the restoration work has been started.
In addition, according to the Donetsk mayor’s office, Ukrainian shells have hit five residential houses and two farm buildings. No casualties have been reported.
Earlier on Wednesday, a representative of the people’s militia of the self-self-proclaimed Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR) said that Kiev troops shelled militia positions six times over the past 24 hours, including from mortars.
The Ukrainian headquarters of the military operation in Donbass have accused the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics of shelling Ukraine’s territory 47 times.
The Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements, known as Minsk-2, that was signed in Minsk on February 12, 2015 envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk starting from February 15, 2015 and subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.
On January 13, 2016, the Trilateral Contact Group meeting in the Belarusian capital city Minsk agreed on yet another, the seventh, ceasefire in Donbass from January 14. The sides however continue to accuse each other of ceasefire violation.