Moscow not seen as possible host of Eurovision 2017 song contest - mediaSociety & Culture December 04, 22:22
Et-Tell in Damascus Province fully controlled by Syrian governmentWorld December 04, 21:46
Mirziyoyev campaign office says he is winning presidential elections in UzbekistanWorld December 04, 21:40
Preliminary results of Uzbekistan’s presidential polls to be announced on December 5 - CECWorld December 04, 21:28
Putin expresses condolences over fatal road accident in Khanty-Mansyisk autonomous areaSociety & Culture December 04, 20:20
Emergencies ministry confirms death of 12 people in road accident near Khanty-MansyiskSociety & Culture December 04, 17:04
Fidel Castro buried in Santiago de CubaWorld December 04, 16:50
Cuban revolution in pictures: Early years of Fidel CastroWorld December 04, 16:49
10 people, including 9 children, killed in bus accident near Siberia's Khanty-MansiiskSociety & Culture December 04, 15:32
"A total of 15 truce breaches have been registered over the past twenty-four hours. The largest number of breaches was registered in the city of Damascus and the provinces of Aleppo, Homs and Latakia," the Russian Ceasefire Center in Syria said in a statement.
According to the Center’s data, the positions of the Syrian governmental troops, Kurdish militia and residential quarters in northwest Aleppo have been shelled five times from mortars and small arms in the past twenty-four hours.
"The terrorist groupings controlled by Jabhat al-Nusra opened fire three times from 5:00 to 5:30 against the districts of Al-Maj-Asra, Mukhim Al-Vafdein and the central prison area. As a result of the shelling, one civilian was killed and three others received wounds of various gravity," the statement said.
A group of militants tried to breach the positions of the Syrian army in the district of Mardzh as-Sultan in Damascus after mortar shelling.
In the province of Latakia, the gunmen from Jabhat al-Nusra controlling the settlements of Kabana, Knedda, Bdama and Narfus opened fire from mortars and small arms four times against the positions of the government troops, provoking them to retaliate. The Syrian government troops showed restraint and didn’t open the retaliation fire, the Russian Center for Ceasefire in Syria said.
Also, the militants attempted twice to attack the positions of Syrian government troops and people’s militia in the area of the settlement of Narb-Nafsa in the province of Homs, according to the Russian Center for Ceasefire in Syria.
According to the statement, Russia’s air group in Syria over the past 24 hours has dealt no strikes against territories held by the moderate opposition groups having agreed to enter negotiations.
"Russia’s air and space force has carried out no attacks against areas under control of the ‘moderate’ opposition groups which have joined the regimen of the cessation of hostilities and comply with its terms," the center said.
Washington has passed to Moscow a list of 61 Syrian moderate opposition groups, in addition to the list of 69 groups that had previously said they agreed to the ceasefire terms.
"On February 29, the Russian Center for Reconciling the Warring Sides in Syria received another list comprising 61 groups, in addition to the previously passed by the US side list of 69 moderate opposition groups that declared their agreement to the terms of the cessation of hostilities," the report says. "The total number of signed agreements has reached 38."
In addition, over the past 24 hours, ceasefire agreements have been concluded with four commanders of the moderate opposition groups that control the town of Dumayr in the Damascus province. Also, negotiations with the leaders of five armed groups located in the provinces of Damascus, Deraa and Homs continue.