Press review: Le Pen-Macron duel and Western-style populism in RussiaPress Review April 24, 13:00
Attorney says no attempts from Trump administration to contact SnowdenWorld April 24, 12:59
WWII Berlin offensive operation staged in MoscowSociety & Culture April 24, 12:37
Testing of Russian air defense system Vityaz to be completed by 2017Military & Defense April 24, 12:31
Moscow interested in restoring ties with EURussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 11:51
Russia ready to build up friendly relations with France — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 11:47
Poll shows most Russians support cancellation of Eurovision broadcastSociety & Culture April 24, 11:32
Erdogan hopes to discuss contract on S-400 missile systems with PutinMilitary & Defense April 24, 11:04
Lugansk Republic hands over body of observer killed in land mine blast to OSCEWorld April 24, 9:39
MOSCOW, February 16. /TASS/. Two residential houses were destroyed in the night shelling of the western outskirts of Donetsk, local administration head Maxim Zhukovsky said on Tuesday.
"Two residential houses were completely destroyed at night near the Trudovkskaya mine. Fortunately, no one was injured as people managed to go down to the basement in time," Donetsk News Agency quoted Zhukovsky as saying.
The self-proclaimed Donetsk republic (DPR) defense ministry said earlier that Ukrainian forces shelled the settlement of Zhabichevo and Donetsk airport on Monday.
The self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk republics said that Ukrainian forces violated ceasefire regime 120 times and shelled DPR and LPR territory more than 320 times since December 23 last year.
At the meeting of the Contact Group on January 13 the sides supported the initiative of Russia’s envoy Boris Gryzlov on ensuring complete ceasefire on the territory of Donbass. This is the seventh attempt to fully observe the ceasefire regime in Ukraine’s south-east. At the recent meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk the participants expressed regret over continuing violations of ceasefire regime in Donbass.
Ceasefire is envisaged by the Minsk accords signed on 12 February 2015, after negotiations in the so-called "Normandy format" in the Belarusian capital Minsk, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The Minsk also accords envisage weaponry withdrawal, prisoner exchange, local election in Donbass, constitutional reform in Ukraine and establishing working sub-groups on security, political, economy and humanitarian components of the Minsk accords.