MOSCOW, February 2. /TASS/. A civilian was injured in shelling of Zaytsevo settlement in Gorlovka’s north by Ukrainian forces, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said on Tuesday.
"A woman was injured in yesterday’s shelling of Zaytsevo, she was hospitalized," Donetsk News Agency quoted Basurin as saying.
Ukrainian forces shelled Zaytsevo for 1.5 hours last night. They fired around 80 mines of 82mm and 120mm caliber from positions in the village of Zhovanka using grenade launchers and small arms. As a result, more than 10 residential houses were damages in the area.
Kiev forces have been shelling Gorlovka for three days. On Monday they shelled the settlements of Zaytsevo and Shirokaya Balka. On January 31 Kiev forces also shelled Shirokaya Balka from mortars and tanks.
At the last meeting of the Contact Group seeking peaceful resolution of the conflict in Ukraine on January 13 the sides supported the initiative of Russia’s envoy Boris Gryzlov on ensuring complete ceasefire on the territory of Donbass. This is the seventh attempt to fully observe the ceasefire regime in Ukraine’s south-east.
At last week’s meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk the participants expressed regret over continuing violations of ceasefire regime in Donbass. OSCE Special Representative for Ukraine Martin Sajdik said that the sides discussed establishing a mechanism on preventing resumption of military actions in general.
Ceasefire is envisaged by the Minsk accords signed on 12 February 2015, after negotiations in the so-called "Normandy format" in the Belarusian capital Minsk, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.