Putin, Erdogan may have telephone conversation soon — KremlinRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 21:39
Lavrov offers condolences to Mexican people over deadly earthquakesRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 21:01
UN Security Council passes resolution on peacekeeping reformWorld September 20, 20:14
UN peacekeepers should use force only for self-defense — LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 20:01
Breaking of Idlib siege leaves three Russian servicemen woundedMilitary & Defense September 20, 19:00
Ukraine's president requests UNSC to deploy UN mission to Donbass as soon as possibleWorld September 20, 18:30
Diplomat believes Morgan Freeman was 'roped in' to be weaponized in anti-Russia crusadeRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 20, 18:02
Russian lawyer blasts ‘medieval’ efforts by UK Paralympic athletes to fake handicapSport September 20, 17:36
Aftermath of powerful earthquake in MexicoWorld September 20, 17:28
MOSCOW, February 2. /TASS/. Ukrainian forces have fired around 80 mines at the northern outskirts of Gorlovka in Donbass at night, a source in security agencies of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Tuesday.
"Ukrainian forces subjected the part of Zaytsevo settlement controlled by DPR to a 1.5-hour shelling. The Ukrainian side released around 80 mines of 82mm and 120mm caliber," the source told Donetsk News Agency.
According to the source, Kiev forces opened fire from the village of Zhovanka from grenade launchers and small arms.
Ukrainian forces have been shelling Gorlovka for three days. On Monday they shelled the settlements of Zaytsevo and Shirokaya Balka. On January 31 Kiev forces also shelled Shirokaya Balka from mortars and tanks.
At the last meeting of the Contact Group seeking peaceful resolution of the conflict in Ukraine on January 13 the sides supported the initiative of Russia’s envoy Boris Gryzlov on ensuring complete ceasefire on the territory of Donbass. This is the seventh attempt to fully observe the ceasefire regime in Ukraine’s south-east.
At last week’s meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk the participants expressed regret over continuing violations of ceasefire regime in Donbass. OSCE Special Representative for Ukraine Martin Sajdik said that the sides discussed establishing a mechanism on preventing resumption of military actions in general.