PYONGYANG, January 29. /TASS/. A delegation of North Korea (DPRK) led by Deputy Foreign Minister Pak Myong-guk has left Pyongyang for Moscow, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported on Friday without specifying the visit’s program.
Currently, talks are underway on a draft resolution of the UN Security Council to add sanctions against the DPRK in response to its forth nuclear test.
Pyongyang says the hydrogen fusion test on January 6 was made in the interests of self-defense "due to the nuclear blackmail by the US."
North Korea previously conducted three nuclear tests: in 2006, in 2009 and in 2013. Following these tests, the United Nations Security Council imposed different kinds of sanctions on Pyongyang. In the past two years, North Korea refrained from nuclear tests limiting itself to ballistic missile launches as a response to South Korea’s and the United States’ large-scale military exercises.
North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-Un said on December 10 the country had a hydrogen bomb of its own. "We have managed to become a great nuclear power capable of protecting the independence and national dignity of our Motherland with the might of strikes by nuclear and hydrogen bombs," KCNA quoted Kim Jong-Un.