Militants continue disrupting peace in Aleppo — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld October 27, 8:33
Russia's UN envoy urges organization to prove Aleppo air strikes continueRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 8:02
Media reports on Russian ships call into Ceuta are controversial — embassyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 26, 22:03
Russia’s telecom watchdog tries to block LinkedIn through courtSociety & Culture October 26, 21:29
DPR envoy reports no constructive discussion on "Steinmeier formula" in MinskWorld October 26, 21:14
Six NATO countries say ready to dispatch their forces to Black Sea areaWorld October 26, 20:43
Moscow refutes allegations about plans for Russian cruiser's call into Spanish portMilitary & Defense October 26, 20:38
US, Israel abstain from UN GA vote condemning Cuba embargoWorld October 26, 20:31
Western sanctions expected to relax gradually in 2017 — ex-finance ministerBusiness & Economy October 26, 20:25
BEIJING, January 27. /TASS/. New UN resolution on North Korea should not provoke aggravation of the situation on the Korean Peninsula, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Wednesday at a joint press conference with US State Secretary John Kerry.
Wang also said that new UN Security Council resolution on North Korea should bring the sides back to the negotiations table on denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
China refutes ungrounded speculations about Beijing’s position regarding North Korea’s nuclear program, Wang Yi went on to say.
He stressed that China’s position on the Korean issue will remain unchanged under influence of temporary factors and short-term developments.
According to Chinese Foreign Minister, international sanctions against North Korea should not be the goal in itself but rather serve as means of resuming negotiations on denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
"Sanctions do not represent the end [of international efforts] and its goal. The goal is to maintain peace and stability in the region, continue negotiations and complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," Wang said.
North Korea announced on January 6 that it had successfully conducted a hydrogen bomb test. The country’s government said in a statement circulated by the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) the test had had "no adverse impacts on the environmental situation." Now, according to the statement, North Korea "possesses the strongest deterrent forces."
North Korea previously conducted three nuclear tests: in 2006, in 2009 and in 2013. Following these tests, the United Nations Security Council imposed various sanctions on Pyongyang. In the past two years, North Korea refrained from nuclear tests limiting itself to ballistic missile launches as a response to the US-South Korea large-scale military drills.