Syrian opposition ready for direct talks with government delegation — representativeWorld February 22, 21:56
UN Syria envoy expects no breakthrough at new round of Syria talksWorld February 22, 21:09
Russia opposes sharing responsibility for fate of Middle East refugeesRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:36
First woman in space Valentina Tereshkova may meet with Queen Elizabeth IIRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 20:27
Spain’s famous footballer Puyol returns to Russia next week ahead of FIFA 2017, 2018 CupsSport February 22, 20:15
Putin promotes generals to higher military ranks after Syria operationMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:56
Russia, Turkey may discuss purchase of S-400 systems at March talksMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:18
European human rights watchdog welcomes court’s ruling on Russian opposition activistWorld February 22, 18:42
Maslenitsa festival: a week of pancakes and joySociety & Culture February 22, 17:49
MOSCOW, December 27. /TASS/. Two civilians were killed in the settlement of Zaitsevo north of Gorlovka which came under shelling from Ukrainian troops, Eduard Basurin, a spoeksman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), said on Sunday.
"Two civilians, a man and a woman, were killed in the settlement of Zaitsevo. The DPR army sustained no losses," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying.
A private house’s roof was damaged in shelling in Gorlovka’s Nikitivsky district, he said.
Earlier in the day, Edurad Basurin, a spokesman for the defense ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), told the Donetsk News Agency that he and a team of inspectors had come under sniper fire from Ukrainian troops in the village of Kominternovo.
The spokesman said the inspection group featured representatives of the OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe) Monitoring Mission and the Joint Coordination Centre for Ceasefire Monitoring in Donbass. No one was hurt.
The Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine comprising senior representatives from Russia, Ukraine and the European security watchdog OSCE on February 12, 2015, signed a 13-point Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements. The package was agreed with the leaders of the Normandy Four, namely Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine.
The Package of Measures, known as Minsk-2, envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk starting from February 15 and subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.
On Tuesday, December 22, the Trilateral Contact Group meeting in the Belarusian capital city Minsk yielded an agreement between Ukraine and the self-proclaimed republics in Donbass to cease fire "fully and unconditionally" from 00:00 on December 23. However Ukrainian troops reportedly continue to violate ceasefire.