North Korea test fires another missileWorld May 29, 1:29
Russia’s Zvyagintsev wins Jury Prize at 70th Cannes Film Festival with his LovelessSociety & Culture May 28, 21:32
Three Russian tourists hurt is road accident with tourist minibus in TurkeySociety & Culture May 28, 18:58
Some 40,000 cyclists taking part in Moscow cycle paradeSociety & Culture May 28, 18:33
Corporation Irkut: MS-21 first flight performed in routine modeBusiness & Economy May 28, 16:54
Ukrainian military launch more than 180 shells, mines on Donetsk within one dayWorld May 28, 16:36
Minister: Russia may supply 1,000 MC-21 planes to 2037Business & Economy May 28, 14:42
Lavrov: China, ASEAN interested in organization of Eurasian partnershipRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 28, 11:45
MC-21 airliner makes first test flight - sourceBusiness & Economy May 28, 11:00
MOSCOW, December 6. /TASS/. Four settlements southeast of Gorlovka in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) came under shelling from Ukrainian troops, a source in the DPR law enforcement agencies said on Sunday.
The source told the Donetsk News Agency that Ukrainian troops had shelled the settlements of Gagarin Mine, Zheleznaya Balka, Shirokaya Balka and Ozeryanovka from 120mm mortars, multiple launch rocket systems, grenade launchers and firearms.
Also, a source in the law enforcement agencies of the DPR said Ukrainian troops shelled Donetsk’s north suburbs from mortars and grenade launchers.
"At about 18:00, Ukrainian troops opened fire at the settlements of Trudivskiye and Spartak north of Donetsk," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying. Apart from that, the village of Sakhanka in the DPR’s south also came under shelling from Ukrainian troops.
The source said fire had been opened from Ukrainian positions in Maryinka and Opytnoye. Ukrainian troops reportedly used 120mm caliber mortars, armored vehicles, grenade launchers and firearms.
The Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine comprising senior representatives from Russia, Ukraine and the European security watchdog OSCE on February 12, 2015, signed a 13-point Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements. The package was agreed with the leaders of the Normandy Four, namely Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine.
The Package of Measures, known as Minsk-2, envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Lugansk starting from February 15 and subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement. The deal also laid out a roadmap for a lasting settlement in Ukraine, including local elections and constitutional reform to give more autonomy to the war-torn eastern regions.
In line with an agreement reached in Minsk at a meeting of the Contact Group on settling the situation in east Ukraine, a complete ceasefire was established from September 1 at the disengagement line in Donbass. Still, the DPR regularly registers separate instances of shelling on the part of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.