US imposes new sanctions on Syria over suspected chemical attackWorld April 24, 21:23
Russian businessman plans to build sailplane to fly around the globe nonstop in 5 daysScience & Space April 24, 19:50
Roscosmos excludes three cosmonauts from space teamScience & Space April 24, 19:34
Russian Foreign Ministry: Terrorists in Syria may get chemical weapons from Libya, IraqRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 19:05
US not ready yet to restart arms control dialog, Russian diplomat saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 18:57
Court recognizes Russia’s Sports Ministry as affected party in WADA whistleblower caseSport April 24, 18:48
Elephant, giraffe and wildcats found among Muscovites’ house petsSociety & Culture April 24, 17:48
Putin calls for setting apart real anti-corruption crusaders from political show-offsRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 24, 16:34
Moscow court turns down Jehovah’s Witnesses bid to fight Justice Ministry’s banWorld April 24, 16:08
MOSCOW, November 30. /TASS/. The Ukrainian armed forces over the past week have redeployed to the contact line in the southeast of the country 277 tanks and heavy artillery pieces, spokesman for the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) Eduard Basurin reported on Monday.
"The Donetsk republic’s reconnaissance units continue to fix the movement and concentration of military hardware along the entire contact line and violation by the Ukrainian side of the Minsk agreements on the withdrawal of heavy weapons," Basurin is quoted by the Donetsk news agency.
According to Basurin, the Ukrainian forces over the past week have moved military hardware to the separation line in various settlements in the areas of the cities of Gorlovka, Mariupol and Donetsk. The Ukrainian armed forces have concentrated at the contact line a total of 111 artillery pieces (including self-propelled artillery weapons, the BM-21 Grad multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS), D-30 systems, 166 tanks, 147 infantry fighting vehicles and armoured personnel carriers, 26 vehicles with ammunition and more than 660 troops, including members of the Ukrainian extremist organisation Right Sector the activity of which is banned in Russia.
"The military-political leadership of Ukraine, taking advantage of the ceasefire regime, is actively building up forces and redeploying the troops all along the contact line," Basurin added.
Basurin said earlier on Monday that the Ukrainian armed forces 91 times opened fire over the past week on the DPR territory. The shelling attacks were launched from mortars and tank weapons, he said. "I would like to draw the attention to the fact that over the past week the Ukrainian forces have 91 times violated the ceasefire regime," the Donetsk news agency quoted him as saying.
According to Basurin, about 370 mortar rounds of 82 mm and 120 mm calibre were fired on the DPR settlements and positions. "All the data on the violations were handed over to JCCC (the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination of the ceasefire regime in the east of Ukraine) and the OSCE Mission," the DPR Defence Ministry official said.
The DPR Defense Ministry reported earlier on Monday that the Ukrainian forces have 9 times violated the ceasefire regime in DPR over the past day.
The Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine comprising senior representatives from Russia, Ukraine and the European security watchdog OSCE on February 12, 2015, signed a 13-point Package of Measures to fulfil the September 2014 Minsk agreements. The package was agreed with the leaders of the Normandy Four, namely Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine.
The Package of Measures, known as Minsk-2, envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian government forces and people’s militias in the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Luhansk starting from February 15 and subsequent withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of engagement.