Russian diplomat calls talks with Syrian opposition 'constructive'Russian Politics & Diplomacy March 01, 21:52
WADA welcomes Putin’s statement urging Russia to heed demands of McLaren reportSport March 01, 21:27
Moldova’s president initiates process of national reconciliation over TransnistriaWorld March 01, 21:14
Russian Foreign Ministry: Any sanctions against Syria to weaken anti-terrorist frontRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 01, 21:05
Russia rejects Al Jazeera’s report on alleged cooperation with terrorists in AfghanistanRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 01, 20:04
Moldova’s government recalls ambassador to RussiaWorld March 01, 20:02
OSCE envoy says Contact Group discussed recognition of DPR, LPR documents by MoscowWorld March 01, 20:00
Russian senator believes European Parliament’s resolutions on Syria not to solve crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy March 01, 18:56
Dire Straits Experience to kick off their 2017 world tour in RussiaSociety & Culture March 01, 18:48
ST. PETERSBURG, November 17. /TASS/. Families of the 224 victims of the Russian passenger jet crash in Egypt can file multi-million-dollar lawsuits against Egyptian security services and the airport of Sharm-al-Sheikh now that Moscow has confirmed that a bomb downed the plane, lawyer Igor Trunov told TASS on Monday.
"The sums can vary between $1 million and $7 million [for each victim]," said Trunov, who has represented the interests of families of other air crash victims.
"I was contacted by a major American law firm which is ready to work on this case and represent the interests [of the victims’ families] against the security services and Sharm-al-Sheikh airport," he added. Russian lawyers are also ready to help the families, he said.
Alexander Bortnikov, head of Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB), announced earlier that traces of foreign-made explosives had been discovered on the wreckage of the downed plane and on passengers' belongings.
President Vladimir Putin has vowed to find and punish the terrorists responsible for the crash. A $50 million reward has been offered for information helping the FSB capture the culprits.