Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Poroshenko confirms having information on possible attacks of Islamists staying in Ukraine

November 15, 2015, 16:36 UTC+3
Ukraine’s security agencies have obtained information on possible terror attacks and provocations with the use of weapons and explosives in a number of cities
1 pages in this article
 Petro Poroshenko

Petro Poroshenko

© Nikolay Lazarenko/Ukrainian president's press service

KIEV, November 15. /TASS/. Ukraine's President Petro Poroshenko said about a threat from Islamic terrorists to organise attacks in Ukrainian cities.

"After the horrible attack in Paris, we received information about a possible connection between Islamic terrorists and some people in Ukraine," he said on Sunday. "Yesterday, I ordered to consider risks and threats in cooperation with international security services."

Ukraine’s security agencies have obtained information on possible terror attacks and provocations with the use of weapons and explosives in a number of cities, the country’s Minister of Internal Affairs Arsen Avakov said earlier on Sunday, adding that in this respect a decision has been made to beef up security measures within all law enforcement agencies.

The minister said there is a threat of terror attacks and provocations in Kiev, Kharkiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Lviv and some other cities across Ukraine.

"Given a series of terror attacks in Europe … given high terror attack risks I’ve made a decision to shift to robust security regime within all law enforcement agencies," Avakov said, adding that "all necessary actions are being taken to ensure safety of citizens, and functioning of key municipal facilities and vital infrastructure."

On Friday night, a series of terror attacks rocked Paris on Friday evening with shootings, bomb blasts and hostage taking. Hostages were taken at the Bataclan concert hall where 1,500 people gathered for a rock concert and almost simultaneously three suicide bombers blew themselves up next to the Stade de France stadium where a football match between French and German national teams was in the full swing. Besides, terrorists opened fire at people in popular nightlife spots - cafes, bars and restaurants crowded at that time. Latest reports said that the death toll reached 129; another 352 are injured.

President Francois Hollande declared a state of emergency in the country and closed the state borders. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама