Hungarian top diplomat: EU must discuss anti-Russian sanctionsWorld May 26, 19:56
Russian, French top diplomats discuss preparations for Putin’s visit to FranceRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:47
Moscow comments on Tallinn’s move to expel Russian diplomatsRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 26, 19:43
WADA: Legendary Isinbayeva suits role of ambassador for clean sports in RussiaSport May 26, 19:33
Russia working on advanced air defense systemMilitary & Defense May 26, 19:17
WADA receives Russia’s new national anti-doping planSport May 26, 19:14
Moldova’s ruling pro-European coalition breaks upWorld May 26, 19:12
Hungary not to change stance on migration under EU pressure — top diplomatWorld May 26, 18:53
Brexit might affect financial stability of Europe — Russia’s Central BankBusiness & Economy May 26, 18:49
MOSCOW, November 12. /TASS/. Qadri Jamil of Syria’s People’s Front for Change and Liberation confirmed on Thursday that Russia has made a proposal on the constitutional process in Syria that could take up to 1.5 years.
"Talking about some new Russian initiative is not quite correct. There are certain thoughts, for example, a proposal on the 1.5-year constitutional reform," Jamil said.
"These proposals do not cover all aspects of the Syrian problem. Some issues need further discussion," he added.
Russian Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov earlier dismissed western media reports that Moscow had drafted some document on the Syrian conflict resolution.
"This is not a document, we just have different ideas," he said. "This is not a whole plan or initiative."
Representatives of Syria’s moderate opposition hope that the results of the Vienna negotiations on November 14 will make it possible to start substantive discussion on the time frame and place of the beginning of contacts between the delegations of the Syrian government and its opponents. They said as much in an interview with TASS on Thursday.
"So far, there were no contacts with the government. The main obstacle is the absence of the opposition delegation," said representative of the leadership of the Syrian Popular Front for Change and Liberation Qadri Jamil.
He added that the leading world and regional powers would focus on the composition of the opposition delegation in Vienna on November 14. "Russia submitted its own list of possible participants, Saudi Arabia — its own. As far as I know, Egypt has presented its list today," he said. "Some of the names in the lists are common. So I hope the issue will be resolved."
"After that we may hold talks, even Geneva-3," Qadri Jamil added.
Member of the executive committee of Syria’s National Coordination Committee Mohammed Hijazi too linked the beginning of direct talks with the government to results of the forthcoming talks in Vienna. "Now we are following the talks in Vienna," he said. "There will be no Syrians there, but the meeting will focus on launching an inter-Syrian dialogue. So, we will have to wait for the results of the meeting. We expect that the Vienna talks will be followed by inter-Syrian contacts."