Gazprom ready to supply gas to Ukraine — Russia’s energy ministerBusiness & Economy December 09, 20:08
WADA chief alarmed over statements in McLaren reportSport December 09, 19:04
Russian sports minister: McLaren’s words on "institutional conspiracy" erroneousSport December 09, 18:59
Russian PM says sanctions are not worth loss they cause for businessBusiness & Economy December 09, 18:24
Roscosmos praises contribution of US astronaut John Glenn to world cosmonauticsScience & Space December 09, 18:19
Russian Sports Ministry urges investigation into facts stated in McLaren reportSport December 09, 18:13
WADA says RUSADA must demonstrate 'independence from outside interference'Sport December 09, 18:03
Russian PM says Nord Stream-2 project benefits all participantsRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 09, 18:00
Russian premier says Rosneft stake sale is 'largest deal' in 2016Business & Economy December 09, 17:38
MOSCOW, October 20. /TASS/. Kiev forces have made an attempt to launch an offensive at the positions of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), DPR defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said on Tuesday.
"Around 11:40 am today, two units of Ukrainian forces made an attempt to launch an offensive at our positions. The attack of the enemy was countered," Donetsk News Agency quoted Basurin as saying. The spokesman added that several militiamen were injured.
He said earlier that Ukrainian forces violated ceasefire regime 8 times over the past 24 hours.
Basurin said the local intelligence has spotted 11 Ukrainian tanks near the contact line in Donbas.
"Our intelligence spots concentration of tanks at the contact line. Five tanks were spotted arriving to the settlement of Novosyolovka, in eights kilometers from the contact line. Six tanks were also registered in the settlement of Andreyevka, in 17 kilometers from the contact line," Donetsk News Agency quoted Basurin as saying.
"Ukrainian commanders thus deliberately do not lower the intensity of shellings, using mortars and small arms, trying to provoke DPR to react," he noted.
DPR has started withdrawing weaponry of less than 100mm caliber from the contact line in Debaltsevo today.
At the meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk on August 26, the participants confirmed their plans to ensure ceasefire in Donbass from September 1. OSCE’s Special Representative in Ukraine Martin Sajdik said that it is necessary for ensuring security at schools along the contact line. Over the last days, only few violations of ceasefire regime were registered in Donbas, with the most serious case registered overnight to September 5, when one civilian was killed and two others injured.