Spain’s famous footballer Puyol returns to Russia next week ahead of FIFA 2017, 2018 CupsSport February 22, 20:15
Putin promotes generals to higher military ranks after Syria operationMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:56
Russia, Turkey may discuss purchase of S-400 systems at March talksMilitary & Defense February 22, 19:18
European human rights watchdog welcomes court’s ruling on Russian opposition activistWorld February 22, 18:42
Maslenitsa festival: a week of pancakes and joySociety & Culture February 22, 17:49
Kremlin aide praises late UN envoy as ‘generation’s best and brightest’ diplomatRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 17:28
Russian only Polar Circle city vows to preserve Arctic environmentBusiness & Economy February 22, 17:20
Russian presidential aide says Astana platform helpful for settling Syrian crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 16:55
UN high commissioner urges Europe’s ‘cooperative approach’ to migration situationWorld February 22, 16:51
MOSCOW, October 13. /TASS/. Russia's arms manufacturer Almaz-Antey has handed over to the international commission on the investigation of the MH17 air crash the documents on the first stage of the field experiment, but the corporation’s findings have been ignored in the preliminary report, the company’s head Yan Novikov said on Tuesday.
"In August we handed over the documents on the first stage of the experiment to the commission, but that was again ignored in the preliminary report," he said.
"We were prepared to provide both experimental procedure and techniques, but we were told ‘Thank you very much’, and that was the end of it," adviser to the corporation’s chief designer Mikahil Malyshevsky noted.
According to him, Almaz-Antey conducted the second stage of the experiment after the commission’s experts expressed doubts that the striking elements would leave the same punctures in the aircraft fuselage.
Novikov added that Almaz-Antey was ready to hand over all research data to the international commission on the investigation of the MH17 air crash and the European court reviewing the corporation’s lawsuit on the unlawful nature of the sanctions imposed on it. According to Almaz-Antey's general director, the sanctions were the main reason for the investigation conducted by the corporation.
According to Malyshevsky, should any fragments of the surface-to-air missile be found in the bodies of MH17 flight passengers and their luggage, this will confirm the Almaz-Antey version of the air disaster.
"If it is confirmed that fragments hit not only the crew, but also flight attendants and passengers, there will emerge another piece of evidence proving our version the fragments were moving along the plane’s fuselage. If fragments are discovered in the luggage, too, that would be another piece of evidence pointing in the same direction," he said.
The advisor also noted that analysis of photographs supplied by the commission on investigating MH17 crash in east Ukraine last year showed that both the cockpit of the plane and its wing with the left stabilizer were damaged.
"On the basis of the analysis of all elements, we came to a conclusion that the majority of striking elements was moving along the plane’s fuselage. The wing and part of the left stabilizer also have damages, the sizes of which allow to establish that they were inflicted by striking elements of the missile fired from a Buk system," Malyshevsky said.
According to the company's CEO, Almaz-Antey Concern has documentary proof that Ukraine in 2005 had a total of 502 9M38 missiles, however, it is unknown how many such missiles are in Kiev's possession at present.
"We said in a presentation on June 2 that the concern had been involved in 2005 in the pre-contract work to assess the possibility of renewing the Ukrainian army’s missiles. The contract had not been concluded then, but we still have the examination certificates. There were about 991 9M28M1 missiles [in the Ukrainian army], and there were 502 older missiles - 9M38 in Ukraine then. However, we don’t know their present number," Novikov said.