Putin discusses Russia’s economy growth with ministersBusiness & Economy September 24, 2:38
Lavrov warns against partition of SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 23, 0:00
Lavrov calls to coordinate Russian, US military action in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 21:05
Lavrov blames Obama administration for souring Russia-US tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 20:41
Waging war on Korean Peninsula inadmissible, says LavrovRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 20:36
Russian Northern Fleet completes drills in ArcticMilitary & Defense September 22, 18:01
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to continue talks on oil production cut dealBusiness & Economy September 22, 17:28
Russian pair figure skaters Kavaguti, Smirnov retire from sportSport September 22, 16:48
Record number of delegations register for St. Petersburg-hosted IPU AssemblyRussian Politics & Diplomacy September 22, 16:47
MOSCOW, October 10. /TASS/. One civilian was killed and another wounded when Ukraine’s Armed Forces opened fire on the Kievsky district in the city of Donetsk, the Defence Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Saturday.
"According to preliminary reports, civilians have been injured," the Donetsk news agency quoted the source as saying.
Earlier on Saturday, Ukrainian military started shelling the Kievsky district from tanks.
"Military have opened fire from tanks on the Kievsky district and a nine-storey apartment house is burning," head of Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky district Ivan Prikhodko said adding that simultaneously the village of Veseloye in the DPR-controlled Yasinovatoye district came under shelling.
Since September 1 a complete cessation of fire was agreed along the contact line in line with the Minsk peal deal. The ceasefire became the main condition for a new withdrawal of weapons in line with the document initialled by the Contact Group on September 29 and later signed by the self-proclaimed People’s Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk and Kiev as well.
On September 29, the Trilateral Contact Group initialled a document envisaging withdrawal of weapons under 100mm calibre to a distance of 15 kilometres for the line of engagement. In line with the agreement, the Ukrainian military are due to pull the weapons back from the current contact line while the militias of the self-proclaimed republics from the line determined on September 19, 2014, when first agreements on ceasefire were achieved and the Contact Group signed the memorandum on cessation of fire.