Top US Air Force general points to growing conflict potential in Syrian airspaceWorld February 25, 17:17
Ukrainian military capture Donetsk water purification plant — spokesmanWorld February 25, 15:05
Azerbaijan and Armenia report armed clashes in Karabakh conflict areaWorld February 25, 11:45
Head of Russian delegation to OSCE PA says Ukraine not ready for dialogueRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 25, 5:02
Russian baritone Hvorostovsky cancels concerts due to continuing treatmentSociety & Culture February 25, 3:22
Russian prime minister declares 3rd Winter World Military Games openMilitary & Defense February 24, 22:33
Russia to veto UNSC resolution imposing sanctions on Syria — envoyRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 24, 22:29
Ukrainian MP Savchenko arrives in Donetsk republic to visit Ukrainian prisoners — agencyWorld February 24, 22:25
Russian Defense Ministry surprised over German MPs reaction to Reichstag miniature plansRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 24, 16:32
SOCHI, October 8. /TASS/. The Kremlin has offered no comment on the intention of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to launch an investigation into the 2008 conflict in South Ossetia.
"I cannot answer this question at the moment," Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters in reply to a request to comment on the relevant information.
The International Criminal Court said earlier on Thursday it was possible to launch an investigation into the 2008 conflict in South Ossetia. According to ICC Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, "there is a reasonable basis to believe that crimes within the jurisdiction of the court have been committed.".