NATO’s actions create risks to European security — Russian NATO envoyRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 19:52
Putin: Moscow ready to resume gas supplies to Ukraine on prepaid basisBusiness & Economy October 27, 19:47
Putin is sure Russia and Ukraine will find way to end crisisRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 19:32
Refugee crisis demonstrates EU incapacities — Austria’s ex-presidentWorld October 27, 19:08
Putin: Russia is not going to attack anyoneRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 18:20
Putin urges new Marshall Plan for Middle East to see recovery and growthRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 17:30
Zakharova slams Latvia’s crusade against historical memory as harmful to kids’ educationRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 17:22
Russian diplomat rejects Kiev reports on armed police mission in DonbassRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 17:07
Lavrov: Russian leaders need no one’s permission to visit CrimeaRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 27, 17:03
MOSCOW, September 25. /TASS/. Tank biathlon competitions among the best crews of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) at a military range outside Torez city have been resumed, DPR emergencies minister Alexey Kostrubitsky told reporters on Friday.
An unknown explosive device went off on Thursday, September 24 in the area of exhibition of armaments and military equipment. "An unknown explosive device detonated at an exhibition site," the Donetsk News Agency quoted Kostrubitsky as saying then. The explosion killed a child and wounded three people. The competitions were suspended.
"The tanks competitions continue now. Their resumption is a matter of principle for us, as it’s a serious event," the Donetsk News Agency quotes him.
Kostrubitsky said security measures would be stepped up at the range. "The measures are already being taken with the participation of the police and the State Security Ministry," he said.
He said previously that according to a preliminary investigation, the explosion was a terrorist attack. "The type of the explosive device has not been established," the DPR minister said.
He said the circumstances of the incident were being investigated, persons involved established and officials were questioned on whether they were negligent.
The tank competitions at a military range near Torez were launched on September 24 and a large-scale concert was planned to crown them on September 26. The competitions, organised by the DPR defense ministry, have involved 33 best tank crews of the unrecognized republic.