Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Strasbourg court accepts over 500 complaints from Donbas against Kiev

September 22, 2015, 17:18 UTC+3 MOSCOW
The lawyers in Donbas have prepared 15,000 lawsuits from elderly people in the eastern Ukrainian region demanding Kiev to pay pensions and social benefits to them
1 pages in this article
The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg

© EPA/PATRICK SEEGER

MOSCOW, September 22. /TASS/. The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has accepted more than 500 complaints from the citizens of the war-torn Donbas region against the Kiev authorities, Russia’s human rights activist Alexander Brod said on Tuesday.

"The ECHR is considering more than 500 claims only from the citizens of the Donetsk People’s Republic on military crimes of Kiev’s authorities," said Brod, who heads the Moscow Bureau for Human Rights and is a member of the presidential human rights council.

The lawyers in Donbas have prepared 15,000 lawsuits from elderly people in the eastern Ukrainian region demanding Kiev to pay pensions and social benefits to them. Brod stressed that Kiev "has waged war against its own people."

Brod, who was added to Ukraine’s blacklist against Russia last week, presented on Tuesday a new report on the human rights violations in Ukraine over the past two years titled "Ukraine: shot right."

The authors of the report do not idealize the leadership of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republic and also mention looting and violence committed by self-defense militias.

The book will be translated into English and sent to the United Nations and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and also international human rights organizations.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама