Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Moscow hopes proposal for truce in Donbas to be implemented by September 1

August 27, 2015, 18:45 UTC+3 MOSCOW
Russian Foreign Ministry's spokesperson referred to the proposal to establish a real ceasefire by September 1, when the new school year begins
Material has 1 page
Russian Foreign Ministry building in Moscow

Russian Foreign Ministry building in Moscow

© Natalya Garnelis/TASS

MOSCOW, August 27. /TASS/. Russia hopes that the proposal for the truce in Donbas will be implemented by September 1, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said on Thursday.

"A very positive proposal was put forward in Minsk yesterday - to establish a real ceasefire by September 1, when the new school year begins, and refrain from artillery bombardments," the diplomat noted. "We hope that this idea will be implemented."

Zakharova recalled that an agreement had been reached to hold the next meeting of the Contact Group on Ukraine and its subgroups on September 8.

"In general, I would like to note that all interested parties point to the need to continue work to defuse the Ukrainian crisis in the current formats, and the Minsk agreements continue to be the basis for that," she said. "The matter depends on the honest, consistent and complete implementation of the provisions envisaged by the Package of Measures."

"The Russian side continues to provide humanitarian assistance to the population of Donbas," Zakharova added. "The Russian Emergencies Ministry has delivered another humanitarian cargo to Lugansk and Donetsk today. This is the 37th convoy, and the total weight of the humanitarian aid delivered [to Donbas] since late August is more than 45,000 tonnes."

Показать еще
In other media