MOSCOW, August 26. /TASS/. Ukraine’s forces have violated the ceasefire regime in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic 30 times over the past 24 hours, the DPR Defense Ministry has said.
"A total of 113 shells with the caliber of 82mm and 120mm and 85 artillery shells with the caliber of 152 mm and 15 tank projectiles were fired on the republic’s territory," the ministry told the Donetsk news agency.
Earlier in the day, the people’s militias in the neighboring self-proclaimed Luhansk republic said Kiev forces had shelled its territory three times over the past 24 hours.
The "silence regime" officially came into force in the Donbas region on February 15. The demand to halt hostilities was envisaged by the package of measures for the implementation of the Minsk agreements signed by the Contact Group on February 12.
However, in recent weeks the situation in eastern Ukraine has deteriorated significantly, with artillery bombardments growing in number and reports of civilian casualties appearing again. The self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk republics have stated many times that the truce observance depends entirely on the Ukrainian side.