Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Number of ceasefire violations in Donbas continues to decline — OSCE

August 24, 2015, 21:34 UTC+3 VIENNA
On August 22, the monitors heard only a few sporadic mortar rounds and several bursts of small-arms fire, and on August 23 the incidents grew insignificantly in number
1 pages in this article
© AP Photo/Evgeniy Maloletka

VIENNA, August 24. /TASS/. The Special Monitoring Mission of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) has observed further stabilization of the situation in eastern Ukraine. According to a report by the Special Monitoring Mission, a decrease in ceasefire violations has been observed in one of the hot spots in the region - the Donetsk airport area.

On August 22, they heard only a few sporadic mortar rounds and several bursts of small-arms fire, and on August 23 the incidents grew insignificantly in number.

OSCE employees examined the effects of the artillery bombardments in several areas on the territory of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR). In the villages of Smeloye and Donetsky they established that the shelling of residential areas had been conducted from the north-easterly direction. In the village of Luganskaya the militias told observers about the shelling of a checkpoint by the Ukrainian military. The mission's employees also managed to determine that the shelling came from the northern and north-easterly direction.

"The Special Monitoring Mission revisited eight Ukrainian Armed Forces heavy weapons holding areas, whose locations comply with the respective withdrawal lines. At two areas the SMM confirmed that weapons were present. At six areas weapons previously recorded were missing: in total nine towed howitzers 152mm (Msta-B), eight MLRS Grad (122mm) and five towed guns 152mm Giatsint-B (2A36)," the mission’s report says.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама