IS recruiting Taliban fighters in Afghanistan — Russia’s General StaffMilitary & Defense April 26, 18:49
Coffin with presumed remains of 19th century Russian general dug up in TurkeySociety & Culture April 26, 18:26
Russian envoy says enacting nuke ban treaty will lay basis for stable strategic tiesRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 18:13
Tokyo to draw up cooperation plans for South Kurils and heed locals’ opinionsBusiness & Economy April 26, 17:37
Who runs the world? Berlin's W20 women's summit reveals whoWorld April 26, 17:03
Russian defense minister comments on military cooperation with IndiaMilitary & Defense April 26, 16:57
Military brass says Russia playing key role in eliminating terrorists’ chieftains in SyriaMilitary & Defense April 26, 15:36
Porsche renews full cooperation with Maria SharapovaSport April 26, 15:05
Russia’s top diplomat slams attempts to obstruct Syria’s chemical incident probeRussian Politics & Diplomacy April 26, 14:57
MOSCOW, August 24. /TASS/. Twenty-three civilians were killed in shellings by Ukrainian forces from August 15 to 21, and 32 more people were injured, the office of the human rights ombudsperson of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Monday.
"On August 15-21, as a result of military actions, 23 people died, among them four women and 19 men. Thirty-two people were hospitalized with injuries of varying severity, among them 24 men and eight women," Donetsk News Agency quoted the office as saying.
The human rights ombudsperson stressed that among the places subjected to most massive shellings are the town of Gorlovka, settlements of the Telmanovsky district, as well as Donetsk’s Kuybyshevsky, Petrovsky and Kirovsky districts.
From August 10 to 16, 17 people were killed in shellings by Ukrainian forces, and 45 more were injured, DPR defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said.
Earlier in August, DPR office of human rights ombudsperson said that almost 1,300 people have been killed in shellings by Ukraine forces in DPR since the beginning of 2015.
Ceasefire is envisaged by the Minsk agreements on the settlements of the situation in Ukraine. The Minsk accords were signed on February 12, after negotiations in the so-called "Normandy format" in the Belarusian capital Minsk, bringing together Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.
The Minsk accords also envisage weaponry withdrawal, prisoner exchange, local elections in Donbas, constitutional reform in Ukraine and establishing working sub-groups on security, political, economy and humanitarian components of the Minsk accords.
The Ukrainian forces and the self-defense forces of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk republics have repeatedly accused each other of violating ceasefire and other points of the Minsk agreements.