Annular eclipse will be visible in South America, Africa on Feb 26Science & Space February 26, 3:24
HNC expects Trump to correct Obama's mistakes in Syria - delegation headWorld February 26, 3:08
War on terror to dominate Geneva talks — Syrian UN envoyWorld February 25, 23:48
Russian skier wins gold in skiathlon at 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski ChampionshipsSport February 25, 17:46
Top US Air Force general points to growing conflict potential in Syrian airspaceWorld February 25, 17:17
Iran relies on Russia’s support in production of fuel for nuclear power plantsBusiness & Economy February 25, 16:20
Ukrainian military capture Donetsk water purification plant — spokesmanWorld February 25, 15:05
Azerbaijan and Armenia report armed clashes in Karabakh conflict areaWorld February 25, 11:45
Head of Russian delegation to OSCE PA says Ukraine not ready for dialogueRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 25, 5:02
MOSCOW, August 21 /TASS/. The Ukrainian side has broken the ceasefire in Donbas for 26 times over the past 24 hours, the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) said on Friday.
More than 130 mines, shells and sabots have been launched at the DPR’s populated localities, the ministry clarified.
"The Ukraine side has violated the ceasefire for 26 times over the past 24 hours. Forty artillery shells and rocket projectiles; 38 mines with a caliber of 82 mm and 120 mm and 15 sabots have been launched at the republic’s territory over that period of time," the Donetsk news agency quoted the DPR defense ministry as saying.
According to the ministry, Ukrainian artillery shelled Staromikhailovka, Oktyabr, Gorlovka, Belaya Kamenka, Styla, Spartak and Novolapsa. Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky neighborhood and the territory of Donetsk airport also came under fire.
On February 12, the Contact Group for Donbas settlement met in Minsk, Belarus, to sign a package of measures, also known as Minsk-2, to implement the September 19 Minsk agreements. Prior to that, the measures had been approved by the "Normandy four" leaders (Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine).
The "silence regime" officially came into force in Donbas on February 15 this year. A demand to cease the fire is one of the requirements laid down in the Minsk-2 package of measures designed to implement the Minsk agreements. However, the situation has aggravated recently. Shelling has intensified and victims among civilians have reappeared again. The self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic and the Luhansk People’s Republic have said many times that the truce observance depends entirely on the Ukraine side.