MOSCOW, August 19. /TASS/. Ukrainian Armed Forces violated ceasefire regime 22 times over the last 24 hours, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) defense ministry said on Wednesday.
"The situation in the Donetsk People’s Republic remains critical. Ukrainian forces continued to shell settlements of the republic despite the presence on our territory of Deputy Chief Monitor of OSCE [Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe] Special Monitoring Mission Alexander Hug," Donetsk News Agency quoted DPR defense ministry as saying. "Ukrainian forces violated ceasefire regime 22 times over the last 24 hours," the ministry added.
The Kiev forces shelled Petrovsky and Kuybyshevsky districts and airport in Donetsk, towns of Makeevka and Dokuchaevsk, and settlements of Yasnoye, Zhabichevo, Belaya Kamenko, Sakhanka and Spartak.
"Twelve artillery shells of 152 mm and 122m caliber were fired on the territory of the republic, along with 23 tank shells, 55 mines of 82mm and 120mm caliber, grenade launchers and small arms," the DPR defense ministry said.
Seven civilians were injured in shellings by Ukrainian forces in Donetsk’s Petrovsky district, DPR defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said.
Seventeen people were killed in shellings by Ukrainian forces over last week, and 45 more were injured, Basurin noted. "The total number of victims in bloody shellings over the last week is as follows - 17 civilians were killed, 45 people were injured," Donetsk News Agency quoted Basurin as saying.
Last week, DPR office of human rights ombudsperson said that almost 1,300 people have been killed in shellings by Ukraine forces in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) since the beginning of 2015.