Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Ukraine fulfills plan of mobilization’s sixth wave at only 50%

August 18, 2015, 8:27 UTC+3 KIEV
The Defense Ministry earlier said three more waves of partial mobilization could be conducted
1 pages in this article
© Maxim Pab/TASS

KIEV, August 18. /TASS/. Ukraine’s plan to mobilize the sixth wave of troops has been fulfilled at just 50%, the speaker of the country’s Defense Ministry for mobilization, Col. Alexander Pravdivets, said on Tuesday.

The latest mobilization wave began in Ukraine on June 19 and ended on August 17. The General Staff said it was needed due to "a significantly tense situation in the country’s east."

The Defense Ministry earlier said three more waves of partial mobilization could be conducted.

Ukraine’s young men have massively started leaving abroad to dodge the mobilization campaigns. Kiev responded with stiffening penalties for the refusal to serve in the army. Last year, 139 Ukrainians were convicted for draft-dodging.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама