Putin slams alleged dependence of Russian gas buyers on MoscowBusiness & Economy December 05, 19:21
Putin included in Time magazine’s Person of the Year shortlistWorld December 05, 19:16
Russia loses $500,000 greenhouse due to Progress spacecraft’s crashScience & Space December 05, 18:31
Russian Foreign Ministry to promote oil pipeline operator Transneft’s interests abroadBusiness & Economy December 05, 18:24
Moscow students launch campaign to collect aid for Syrian youthWorld December 05, 18:11
Uzbekistan’s President-elect thanks international monitors in RussianWorld December 05, 18:10
Second Russian female doctor dies of wounds after Aleppo shelling — ministryWorld December 05, 17:52
Gazprom explores opportunities for further legal protection of rights in UkraineBusiness & Economy December 05, 17:46
Russian holding Renova’s affiliate may invest into Hyperloop projectBusiness & Economy December 05, 17:42
MOSCOW, August 15. /TASS/. Kiev could say that its offensive in the Lugansk direction expected to begin later this month is a "preventive measure," a military official of the Lugansk republic said on Saturday.
"The offensive operation in the anti-terrorist zone is planned to be conducted as part of a ‘preventive strike’ with the goal of allegedly preventing an offensive by units of the LPR People’s Militias," Col. Igor Yaschenko said.
Kiev is preparing a mass smear campaign to "knock into people’s heads" that the self-proclaimed Lugansk and Donetsk republics plan to launch an offensive in violation of the Minsk peace agreements, he said.
This shows again that Ukraine is doing its utmost to undermine the Minsk agreements. "Kiev just needed the Minsk accords to restore the combat capability and pull in forces to the contact line," he said.
A source in LPR’s defence ministry said earlier that Kiev was planning to launch an offensive with the goal of capturing Lugansk.