KIEV, August 14. /TASS/. Kiev has dismissed reports from the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) saying the Ukrainian military in Donbas are using foreign lethal weapons.
Alexander Brovko, a representative of the emergencies ministry of the self-proclaimed republic, said Kiev forces were using mines received from Poland and Italy.
"The Ukrainian military have been using mortar, anti-personnel and anti-tank mines made in Italy and Poland, as well as those of origins unknown to us," LuganskIformCentre quoted him. On July 22, during clearing of debris of the airport in Lugansk, which used to be controlled by Kiev, LPR workers found a stock of foreign-made ammunition.
Ukraine’s head of the National Security and Defense Council Olexandr Turchynov said on Friday no lethal weapons had been supplied to Kiev from abroad.
"Unfortunately, in over 18 months of the war in Ukraine, we could not persuade our strategic counterparts to unblock the military-technical cooperation," he said. "Till now, supplies of lethal weapons and modern military technologies are blocked, and there is only one way out for us - to rely exclusively on own capacities and on own potential."
Meanwhile, Ukraine has been negotiating supplies of heavy lethal weapons from the US. Kiev has reached agreements on supplies of anti-artillery systems, armored vehicles with machine-guns, as well as drones from the US.