KIEV, August 14. /TASS/. A total of 11,000 people suspected of dodging or deserting military service are on the wanted list in Ukraine’s western Lviv region, the press service of the regional prosecutor’s office says.
According to the press service, the plan of a sixth wave of mobilization launched amid military conflict in east Ukraine has been carried out only by 47%
The regional prosecutor, Nikilay Fedyk, urged the police to take additional measures to establish their whereabouts and institute criminal proceedings against them, the press service said.
Citing one of the reasons, the prosecutor’s office accuses certain officials of failing to inform people subject to mobilization. It also said that in the sixth mobilization, not a single person had been drafted in 367 settlements, after which 14 criminal proceedings were launched against local authorities.
Earlier, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry said three new waves of partial mobilization could be expected. The sixth, last for this year, mobilization began in Ukraine on June 19 and is expected to continue 60 days.
The General Staff of the Ukrainian Army explains this with a tense situation in the east of the country. Meanwhile, each draft in Ukraine sees numerous refusals of young people to serve in the army.
Evasion of military service, including escapes abroad, has become a large-scale practice. The Kiev authorities reacted to this by tightening criminal responsibility. A total of 139 people were convicted in Ukraine for dodging call-up last year.