"Unfortunately, we now register an increase in the number of artillery bombardments. We consider this to be provocative actions against the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission as well. An investigation is underway, we are trying to find out the details. But the political motives are obvious for us. Actually, the task is to block the work of the Special Monitoring Mission to make it stop to register artillery bombardments. Unfortunately, we have a lot of complaints regarding the OSCE mission’s work, and when it does not register [the ceasefire regime violations], this gives a free hand to participants in the punitive operation," Pushilin said.
He added that civilians continued to die in the Donbas region daily.
Meanwhile, OSCE observers came under fire again in eastern Ukraine, said a statement of the organization’s Chairperson-in-Office Ivica Dacic.
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission earlier said that overnight on August 9 three armored vehicles of the mission had been destroyed in Donetsk, "presumably, due to arson". The authorities of the Donetsk republic later said that the arson had been carried out by saboteurs from Kiev-controlled security services. Speaker of the DPR People’s Council Andrey Purgin noted that the DPR authorities had tightened security of the mission’s personnel. Representatives of the Special Monitoring Mission said they had no intention of leaving Donetsk because of the incident.