Moldovan president, Russian envoy to hash over bilateral ties and breakaway TransnistriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 25, 14:43
US will either have to put up with North Korea’s nuclear weapons or use force — expertWorld July 25, 14:33
Kremlin refrains from comments on media allegations about Tillerson’s possible resignationRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 25, 14:03
Kremlin comments on US potentially funneling weapons to KievRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 25, 13:45
Kremlin says Russia, US not negotiating renewal of adoptionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy July 25, 13:37
Russian Ice Hockey Federation to render assistance to banned forward ZaripovSport July 25, 13:27
Press review: Malorossiya as an EU taboo and Moldova’s animosity to Russian peacekeepersPress Review July 25, 13:00
Poll reveals most Russians familiar with Jehovah’s Witnesses support its banSociety & Culture July 25, 12:11
Lithuania keeps tipping off NATO allies on Russian-Chinese naval drills in Baltic SeaMilitary & Defense July 25, 12:02
KIEV, August 10. /TASS/ Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has instructed Foreign Affairs Minister Pavlo Klimkin to arrange talks on events in the embattled eastern Donbas region, a Twitter announcement said.
The statement calls for discussions within the Normandy Four group of senior diplomatic officials from Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France on developments.
Poroshenko said he had "charged minister Pavlo Klimkin with urgent consultations at Foreign Affairs Ministry level of Normandy Four on Donbas situation development."
Earlier on Monday Poroshenko held a meeting on Donbas events with Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Oleksandr Turchynov, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko and Minister of Defense Stepan Poltorak.
According to the Defense Ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), the Ukrainian armed forces fired 663 artillery, tank and mortar shells on its territory. As a result, "three civilians killed and one injured".
"The Donetsk situation has worsened, the violation of the ceasefire regime increased three times over the past 24 hours," the Donetsk news agency quoted the Defense Ministry statement.
Ukrainian troops killed 28 civilians in the first week of August, the DPR ombudsman reported.