Media: NSA-linked tools used in new large-scale cyber attackWorld June 28, 9:24
Russian helicopter crews hold drills in TajikistanMilitary & Defense June 28, 8:20
Japanese business delegation visits Russia’s Kuril IslandsRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 7:30
Kiev, Paris agree to ‘revive’ Minsk deal ahead of Normandy Four meeting — PoroshenkoWorld June 28, 7:25
Diplomat vows CNN will not get off the hook with ash-covered toddler clipWorld June 28, 3:12
WADA move shows trust in Russia’s anti-doping measures — ministerSport June 28, 1:02
US disciplinary procedure against jailed Russian businessman Bout delayed — attorneyWorld June 27, 23:16
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 World Cup bidding proves legitimacy of its win — deputy PMSport June 27, 21:08
FIFA report on Russia’s 2018 bidding dismisses Western media allegations — LOC chiefSport June 27, 19:53
MOSCOW, August 6. /TASS/. Talks in Minsk on settling the armed civil conflict in eastern Ukraine have come to a standstill because of a position taken by the Kiev government, Alexander Zakharchenko, the Prime Minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said on Thursday during a televised question-time show with the regional audiences.
"Ukraine wasn’t interested in the Minsk process previously either, putting brake on it in every possible way," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him.
It is exactly this line of conduct taken by Kiev that has practically disrupted the peace process by now.
"All the talks have entered a phase of stagnation," Zakharchenko said. "In the meantime, life of people in the Donetsk republic depends on the decisions taken in Minsk in many ways."
The five-partite Contact Group for settling the conflict in eastern Ukraine and its specialized subgroups met in session on Monday, August 3. The session lasted until midnight but the parties to the talks failed to do one of the most much-awaited things, namely, to initial the text of an agreement on a gradual pullback of tanks, armored cars and weapons with the caliber of up to 100 mm from the line of contact.
In the light of it, the subgroup for security, which monitors the issue, continued discussions throughout the next day but to no avail.
Plenipotentiary representatives of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics, Denis Pushillin and Vladislav Deinego said upon the end of the talks that Kiev had sabotaged the initialing of the document on the pullback of weaponry.
On February 12, 2015, participants in the Contact Group signed a comprehensive set of measures for observance of the Minsk accords that had been coordinated with the heads of countries united by the Normandy Four format - Russia, Germany, France, and Ukraine.
The document envisioned a ceasefire, a pullback of heavy weaponry from the line of contact, the start of a dialogue on social and economic ties between Kiev and eastern Ukraine and a constitutional reform for decentralization of power and establishment of a special status for separate regions in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
To intensify activity of the Contact Group, four subgroups have been set up to translate into practice the various aspects of the Minsk accords - for the return home of internally displaced persons and refugees, as well as for security, political, humanitarian, and economic issues .