Kamaz to supply at least 1,000 trucks to Philippines by 2020Business & Economy May 29, 21:49
Moscow ready to offer clarifications over incident with Montenegrin MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 21:09
Moscow mayor says Monday's hurricane in Moscow 'unprecedented'Society & Culture May 29, 20:56
Moldovan president slams government’s decision to expel Russian diplomatsWorld May 29, 20:52
Macron lashes out at Russian news agency Sputnik, RT channel over campaign coverageWorld May 29, 20:11
Macron says no international problem can be solved without RussiaWorld May 29, 19:51
Putin: Russian and French fundamental interests come firstRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 29, 19:34
Hollywood director highlights his esteem for Russia’s presidentSociety & Culture May 29, 19:18
Death toll following Moscow thunderstorms rises to 11World May 29, 19:02
MOSCOW, August 6. /TASS/. Ukraine conceals information about the circumstances of the shelling of a convoy of vehicles in south-eastern Ukraine, in which photojournalist of the Rossiya Segodnya news agency Andrey Stenin was killed a year ago, spokesman for the Russian Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin has told TASS.
"The Investigative Committee has sent a request for legal assistance in this criminal case to the relevant bodies in Ukraine. We were told that Ukraine’s law enforcement bodies were conducting a pre-trial investigation into the murders of journalists, but no specific information has been provided," Markin said. "The Ukrainian side is deliberately concealing information about the circumstances of the shelling of the convoy where the Russian journalist was at the moment, as well as the individuals who may be involved in committing this criminal offence."
"Currently investigative activities are underway aimed at establishing their whereabouts and subsequent interrogation," Markin said.
According to investigators, Stenin, along with his fellow journalists Sergey Korenchenkov and Andrey Vyachalo, was traveling in the car with a convoy of refugees along the highway to the Donetsk republic. The convoy was shelled by Ukrainian Armed Forces. More than ten cars with civilians were destroyed.
"A witness has been identified within the framework of the legal case who also confirmed that on August 6 last year Stenin was travelling with this convoy of civilians. According to the witness, the convoy was shelled by representatives of the 79th airmobile brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces with the use of heavy armored vehicles," Markin said.