Lavrov, Zarif and Muallem hold joint press conference following meeting in MoscowWorld October 28, 13:33
St. Petersburg shipyard lays keel of new-type corvetteMilitary & Defense October 28, 13:18
Lavrov hopes to work out constructive solution on Syria at meeting with Muallem, ZarifRussian Politics & Diplomacy October 28, 13:15
Press review: expansion of Turkey's military operation in Syria and new sanctions' put offPress Review October 28, 13:00
Gazprom says Turkey requested increase in gas suppliesBusiness & Economy October 28, 12:58
Assad thanks Putin for assistance in fighting terrorism — Syrian top diplomatWorld October 28, 12:21
Poll suggests more than 80% of Russians approve of Vladimir Putin’s policySociety & Culture October 28, 12:14
Russian scientists will track sea lions from spaceScience & Space October 28, 11:32
Russian military pilots to meet returning Soyuz-MS spacecraft crew in KazakhstanScience & Space October 28, 10:49
KIEV, August 5. /TASS/. The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has charged and put on the wanted list Chief of the Russian General Staff and 10 more Russian military servicemen, SBU main investigation department chief Grigory Ostafiychuk said on Wednesday.
"We have charged Russian General Staff Chief Gerasimov and 10 servicemen… Kiev’s court is considering the issue of their arrest and taking to court, and we are putting them in parallel on the national and international wanted list," he said.
According to Ostafiychuk, the above persons were allegedly "staying in the territory of Ukraine during the Ilovaisk events in August [of 2014]."
As previously reported, several hundred Ukrainian army soldiers participating in a military operation in the southeast of Ukraine were encircled by people’s militias of the self-proclaimed DPR and LPR republics in late August 2014. An investigation was launched into these events. Investigators later said that 459 Ukrainian military personnel were killed and another 478 were injured in armed clashes outside of Ilovaisk in August-September 2014.
Russian authorities have repeatedly said that there are no Russian troops in Ukraine’s south-eastern region Donbas. In particular, Russian presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov, answering a question if Russians are present there, said that "citizens of all countries may be there [in Ukraine]: citizens of Ukraine and Russia, even citizens of European countries." "But there are no Russian armed forces there, contrary to the repeated allegations of our colleagues in Ukraine and our colleagues in Europe and Washington."