MOSCOW, August 3. /TASS/. Ukrainian military over the past twenty four hours opened fire against the self-proclaimed Donetsk republic 41 times, in some cases using heavy artillery, the republic’s defense ministry said.
"The situation in the Donetsk republic remains complicated," the Donetsk News Agency quotes the ministry’s spokesman as saying. "Over the past 24 hours there were 41 instances of ceasefire violations."
According to the local defense ministry, 90 artillery shells (152 mm and 122 mm), 23 tank shells and 118 mortar shells (82 mm and 120 mm) crashed onto the republic’s territory. Anti-tank and small arms were used, too.
No one was wounded in the shelling.
Last month the Ukrainian military violated ceasefire in 1,300 cases, the spokesman for the Donetsk republic’s defense ministry Eduard Basurin told the media.
"July’s bombardments left 22 people killed and another 29 injured," the Donetsk News Agency quotes Basurin as saying. "The Donetsk republic’s army lost five men dead and ten others injured; seventeen civilians died and 19 others were injured."
The Donetsk republic’s defense ministry says the Ukrainian army shells local communities and militias’ positions every day, killing civilians and causing damage to infrastructures.