Source claims OPEC and non-OPEC states finalizing results of meeting, agreement 'close'Business & Economy December 10, 17:07
Bloomberg: Non-OPEC states agree to cut oil production by more than 600,000 barrelsBusiness & Economy December 10, 16:22
More than 20 states that produce more than half of world's oil take part in OPEC meetingBusiness & Economy December 10, 13:05
Russian energy minister Novak sees 'no risk' OPEC agreement failsBusiness & Economy December 10, 12:43
Defense ministry organizes mass escape for Aleppo civilians via humanitarian corridorsWorld December 10, 12:38
Almost 18,000 civilians evacuated from areas of Aleppo controlled by militantsWorld December 10, 7:41
Russian swimmers win 11 sets of medals at FINA World Swimming Championships (25 m)Sport December 10, 7:00
Shiveluch volcano in Russia’s Far East spews ash to 11 km in airWorld December 10, 5:28
Ceasefire agreements enter into force near Damascus, in Idlib province ― mediaWorld December 10, 4:18
KIEV, July 23 /TASS/. Ukraine may be planning a new mobilization campaign this autumn, a Ukrainian politician told TASS on Thursday.
"People who are younger than 18 can take part in military hostilities as members of voluntary battalions," Ruslan Bortnik, director of the Ukrainian Institute of Analysis and Policy Management, said commenting on reconnaissance information obtained by the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR).
"There is strong probability that the seventh or even the eight mobilization campaign may take place in Ukraine in autumn or early in winter. The Ukrainian president is expected to sign a special decree," Bortnik said. The expert described the situation as a logical state of things because the previous sixth wave of mobilization is ending on August 17.
"But since none of the previous mobilization campaigns was 100% successful, the Ukrainian authorities cannot demobilize all the people drafted to the front during the previous campaigns on time and preserve their social benefits," Bortnik explained.
On July 22, the Donetsk News Agency published a military order of the military commissar of Ukraine’s Kharkiv region obtained by the DPR reconnaissance agents. Under the order, all generals, admirals, officers, warrant officers, sergeants, soldiers and reserve sailors who permanently reside in the territory of the Kharkov region are obliged to turn up at places of assembly upon receiving a draft notice.
"The term of service can be extended indefinitely if the state’s national security is threatened," the military order issued in Ukraine’s Kharkiv region said.
The DPR’s Defense Ministry said that similar orders had been issued in all Ukrainian regions. They will come into force in the second half of August 2015.
The ministry said that the main task of Ukraine’s new mobilization plan was to increase the number of servicemen in the Ukrainian army by bringing down the conscription age to 16 and extending the term of service for the already recruited conscripts for an indefinite period in connection with a threat to Ukraine’s national security.