Ex-Ukrainian president lambastes Europe for ‘brining Ukraine to its knees’World June 22, 17:12
Senator calls for tough response to Poland’s decision to demolish Red Army monumentsRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 22, 17:03
Putin to watch joining of Turkish Stream gas pipeline sectionsBusiness & Economy June 22, 16:16
Moscow hopes Saudi king’s visit to Russia will take place soonRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 22, 16:14
Poll reveals every second Russian sees no real external military threatSociety & Culture June 22, 15:35
French Foreign Ministry expresses regret over assault and robbery of Russian delegateWorld June 22, 15:22
Moscow expects Russia - NATO Council meeting to be held in JulyRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 22, 15:18
Jury to deliver verdict on Nemtsov murder case on June 27Society & Culture June 22, 15:12
‘Syria Tomorrow’ opposition leader counts on Russia’s role in settling crisisWorld June 22, 14:26
KIEV, July 22. /TASS/. Famous actors Gerard Depardieu and Steven Seagul and singer and composer Goran Bregovic have been put on Ukraine’s list of personae non gratae, a source in the Ukrainian government told TASS on Wednesday.
"Apart from Depardieu, several other famous people are on the list, in particular Goran Bregovic and Steven Seagal. We handed the list to Ukraine’s Security Service for investigation," the source said.
Ukraine’s Culture Ministry said earlier today that it handed the list of personae non gratae includes 500 people from different countries that speak against Ukraine’s territorial integrity.
Ouest-France magazine reported earlier that French actor Gerard Depardieu, who obtained Russian citizenship in 2013, was included in Ukraine’s "personae non gratae" list because "Ukraine’s Culture Ministry considers him to be a threat to national security."
On July 8, several media reported that Ukraine’s Culture Ministry made a list of Russian entertainers allegedly threatening the country’s national security. Ukrainian deputy culture minister Yury Zubko said that the list included 117 people. "Ukraine’s State Security Service is investigating and will submit appropriate materials to the court, whose final decision is required to include a person in the list," Zubko noted adding that "the list will be published on the official website by August 3."