VIENNA, July 13. /TASS/. Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif has said at a meeting with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi that he hopes talks between Iran and P5+1 group of international mediators on Tehran’s nuclear program will not be extended anymore, a representative of the Iranian delegation told TASS on Monday.
"The minister [Zarif] told Wang Yi that he hopes there will be no more extensions [of negotiations]," the Iranian diplomat said.
Wang Yi told journalists when arriving to Palais Coburg hotel that "there will not and should not be further extensions."
Several issues remain unresolved at talks between Iran and P5+1 group, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Aragchi said earlier on Monday. "The talks are now at the key stage, but problems still remain," Aragchi told the Iranian media.
Answering a question on whether the negotiations process will end today, the diplomat said: "I cannot say for sure that remaining problems will be resolved today." "But we hope that all remaining problems will be resolved and remaining points coordinated," he stressed.
A European diplomat has told TASS today that foreign ministers of six world powers are due to hold a coordination meeting without Iran’s participation later on Monday. Earlier in the day, a representative of one of the Western delegations told TASS that a plenary meeting of the foreign ministers involving Iran will be convened after the coordination meeting.
The final round of talks between Iran and the six powers (US, UK, Russia, China, France and Germany) on Teheran’s nuclear program is currently underway in Vienna. A final comprehensive agreement on the Iranian nuclear dossier was originally expected to be elaborated by June 30 but the negotiating process has been extended until July 7.
Last Tuesday, EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said that the deadline has been extended once again as the sides need several more days to reach the final comprehensive agreement.