PARNAS leader attacked during march in Nemtsov’s memorySociety & Culture February 26, 16:59
Donetsk water purification station recaptured from Ukrainian radicalsWorld February 26, 15:24
Russian skiers Ustyugov, Kryukov win team sprint at World ChampionshipsSport February 26, 15:23
Opposition activist Dadin sentenced for disorders at rallies leaves jailRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 26, 12:58
Aerospace Force chief says Russian army to get new combat jets and helicoptersMilitary & Defense February 26, 11:15
Mistura says Homs terror attacks attempt to derail Geneva talksWorld February 26, 5:49
Where to watch unique solar eclipse and spectacular ‘ring of fire’Science & Space February 26, 3:24
HNC expects Trump to correct Obama's mistakes in Syria - delegation headWorld February 26, 3:08
War on terror to dominate Geneva talks — Syrian UN envoyWorld February 25, 23:48
MOSCOW, June 26. /TASS/. Kiev troops have committed 22 violations of the ceasefire regime and fired more than 270 mines and shells at the territory of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) in the past week, Igor Yashchenko, a spokesman for the LPR People’s Militia, said on Friday.
"As many as 22 episodes of ceasefire violation have been registered over the week, of which five took place in the nighttime," LuhanskInformCenter quoted him as saying. "More than 270 mines and shells have been fired at the republic’s territory, not taking into account shooting from firearms."
Thus, he said two civilians had been severely wounded in shelling of the town of Pervomaisk from artillery weapons. Shelling was reported from the settlements of Oboznoye, Veselaya Gora, Slavyanoserbsk, Rayevka and Molodezhnoye.
Two LPR militias have been wounded over the past week, Yashchenko said, adding that LPR militias were not planning to plunge into combat operations and violate the ceasefire regime.
A peace deal struck on February 12 in Minsk, Belarus, by the leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian forces and people’s militias starting from February 15, followed by withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of military engagement and prisoner release. The package of measures envisages the pullback of all heavy weapons by both parties to locations equidistant from the disengagement line in order to create a security zone at least 50 kilometers wide for artillery systems with a caliber of 100 mm or more, a zone of security 70 kilometers wide for multiple rocket launchers and a zone 140 kilometers wide for multiple rocket launchers Tornado-S, Uragan and Smerch and the tactical rocket systems Tochka-U. The document says that the Ukrainian troops are to be pulled back away from the current line of engagement and the militias of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, from the engagement line set by the Minsk Memorandum of September 19, 2014.