MOSCOW, June 10. /TASS/. The reconnaissance of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic has identified redeployment of heavy weapons in the area of Krasnogorovka and Artyomovsk, the spokesman for the republic’s Defence Ministry, Eduard Basurin, has said.
"The Donetsk Republic’s reconnaissance units continue to identify ever more redeployments of Ukrainian military equipment and personnel," the Donetsk News Agency quotes Basurin as saying. "Two self-propelled artillery pieces 2S5 Giatsint have been registered in the village of Artyomovsk. The location of two self-propelled artillery pieces has been identified between the villages of Krasnogorovka and Zhelannoye Pervoye.
Earlier on Wednesday the Donetsk Defence Ministry said that over the past 24 hours the local communities have come under 41 fire attacks by the Ukrainian military. Two militiamen and six civilians were killed.
Officially the ceasefire regimen took effect in Donbas on February 15. The cessation of hostilities was part of the package of measures for implementing the Minsk Accords. The Contact Group (of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics, the OSCE, Russia and Ukraine) signed the document on February 12. The Donetsk Republic has said more than once that the observance of truce depends entirely on Kiev.
Under the package of measures all artillery pieces with calibers of 100 mm and more should be pulled back 50 kilometers away from the disengagement line, multiple rocket launchers, 70 kilometers, Tornado, Uragan and Smerch launchers and also Tochka missiles, 140 away kilometers. The conflicting parties are to move their weapons back to an equal distance: Kiev, from the current line of engagement, and the Donetsk and Luhansk republics, from the line drawn under the Minsk memorandum of September 19.