Chile edges Portugal with 3-0 penalty shootout win for 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup finalSport June 29, 1:38
Telegram included in register of Internet information distributorsBusiness & Economy June 28, 20:56
Putin points to growing activities of foreign secret services against RussiaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:36
FIFA chief Infantino to attend Chile-Portugal 2017 Confederations Cup semis match in KazanSport June 28, 20:27
Lavrov expects US to refrain from creating pretexts for new attacks on SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 20:09
Top diplomat says Germany willing to open new chapter in relations with RussiaWorld June 28, 19:28
Russia open for cooperation with Germany in war on terror, Lavrov saysRussian Politics & Diplomacy June 28, 19:22
Baltic Fleet’s fighter jets hold air combat drills in Russia’s westernmost regionMilitary & Defense June 28, 18:57
Russian telecom watchdog to include Telegram in registerBusiness & Economy June 28, 18:51
PRAGUE, June 1. /TASS/. Czech President Milos Zeman said on Monday the practice of making blacklists of persons denied entry to countries only exacerbates contradictions.
"If people do not speak with each other, do not discuss problems of concern, it means they are building a new Great Chinese Wall and Iron Curtain between themselves," he said. "The lack of communication only aggravates the existing conflicts."
He said it was stupid to make any blacklists. In his words, it was the United States and the European Union to make such sanction lists against Russian citizens. "And now Russia has issued such a list in response," he underscored.
The Russian list of persons denied entry to Russia includes four Czech citizens. Czech Foreign Minister Lubomir Zaoralek on Monday summoned Russian Ambassador to Prague Sergei Kiselev to explain the reasons why these people had been put on the Russian blacklist.
The so-called blacklist of 89 European Union citizens barred from entering Russia was handed over by the Russian side to a number of European diplomatic missions upon their request, and later this data was published by Western media.
Earlier on Monday, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexey Meshkov said that the Russian stop list had been devised in response to the European visa ban more than a year ago. "Unlike Europeans, who compiled their list in an arbitrary way to include, for instance, the entire management of the Association of Knights of the French Legion of Honour in Russia. Some of names was simply taken from tabloid publications. Companies put on the list are the most competitive ones in world markets. This brings up the question why they have been blacklisted," he said.
"Our list has been carefully considered. Naturally, I will not disclose the mechanism of making decisions but we have decided on each of the candidates individually and clearly formulated why these individuals have been put on the stop list," Meshkov added.