Currency converter
News Feed
News Search Topics
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting

Luhansk negotiator says received no formal request to postpone Contact Group meeting

May 28, 2015, 16:13 UTC+3
The meeting of the Contact Group will take place after morning meetings of working subgroups on June 2
Material has 1 page
Vladislav Deinego

Vladislav Deinego

© Ramil Nasibulin/BelTA/TASS

MOSCOW, May 28. /TASS/. Representatives of east Ukraine’s self-proclaimed Luhansk People’s Republic have received no formal request to postpone a meeting of the Contact Group on the Ukraine crisis scheduled for next week in Minsk, the republic’s chief peace negotiator said on Thursday.

"We have not received any information - either from the Contact Group or from the OSCE [the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe] - that the date of the meeting has been changed," the Luhansk Information Centre news agency quoted Vladislav Deinego as saying.

"Working subgroups will meet on June 2 in the morning. The meeting of the Contact Group will take place after that at 16:00 in the evening," Deinego added.

Former Ukrainian President Leonid Kuchma, representing Kiev at peace talks in the Belarusian capital aimed at easing the conflict in Ukraine’s east, said the Contact Group which includes representatives from Russia, Ukraine and the OSCE was expected to meet on June 4.

"On June 4 [the meeting] will be definitely held," Kuchma said. All the four working subgroups are due to meet at 10 a.m. and the OSCE coordinators will report on the progress at 4 p.m., he said.

Last week, OSCE envoy Heidi Tagliavini said after the Contact Group’s meeting in Minsk that the next multilateral round of talks would be held in the Belarusian capital already on June 2.

Both all the four subgroups of the Contact Group and participants in the Trilateral Contact Group were expected to meet.

Показать еще
In other media