Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

OSCE: sharp decline in ceasefire violations registered over 24 hours in east Ukraine

May 23, 2015, 22:11 updated at: May 23, 2015, 23:31 UTC+3 VIENNA
Also, the mission’s team members confirmed that in the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ weapons storage areas most of the weapons were "in situ" but said there were some "discrepancies"
1 pages in this article
© Valery Sharifulin / TASS

VIENNA, May 23. /TASS/. Observers of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) have said that the number of ceasefire violations decreased considerably, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine said in its daily report as of May 22 published on Saturday.

The report says that the situation around the village of Shyrokino (or Shyrokyne in Ukrainian transliteration) is calm for the first time over the previous days.

The SMM says that "the number of ceasefire violations decreased as compared to previous days, and were limited to a small number in and around Donetsk and Donetsk airport."

"The SMM observed no ceasefire violations in or around Shyrokyne," it said.

In the Lugansk region "the overall security situation remained calm," they said.

At the same time, the SMM visited several heavy weapons holding sites and after inspecting five storage areas in the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) "found that most of the previously-recorded weapons were in situ and that their location complied with the respective withdrawal lines."

Also, the mission’s team members confirmed that in the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ weapons storage areas most of the weapons were "in situ" but said there were some "discrepancies".

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама