Currency converter
^
News Feed
News Search Topics
ОК
Use filter
You can filter your feed,
by choosing only interesting
sections.
Loading

Soyuz flight to ISS in September unchanged after space tourist drops out

May 14, 2015, 3:30 UTC+3 MOSCOW
The scheduled date of September 1 is in place
1 pages in this article

MOSCOW, May 14. /TASS/. The news that British singer Sarah Brightman postponed her plans to travel to the ISS as a space tourist will not affect the flight of Souyz TMA-18M spacecraft to the International Space Station in September, a source from the Russian space industry told Tass on Wednesday.

"This will not affect the launch of Soyuz. The scheduled date of September 1 is in place," the source said.

The head of the Cosmonaut Training Centre declined to comment on Sarah Brightman’s decision, saying the center had not received the official refusal so far.

"Sarah Brightman announced today that she is postponing her plans to launch aboard the upcoming Soyuz TMA-18M spaceflight mission," a statement on Brightman’s website said on Wednesday. 

Her backup astronaut, Japanese national Satoshi Takamatsu, has paid only for pre-flight training at the Cosmonaut Training Centre and will hardly pay more than $50 million for a ten-day space flight, the source said.

Show more
In other media
Реклама
Реклама