MOSCOW, May 2. /TASS/. Ukraine’s army sabotage groups are planning provocations on the territory of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic on May 8-9, DPR’s defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said on Saturday.
"Sabotage groups are working along the contact line. That’s why we expect provocations on May 8-9. We have information that foreigners are there. We found out about this from radio intelligence," Barusin was quoted by the Donetsk news agency as saying.
Last week, Barusin said Ukraine’s nationalist units were planning provocations in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk republics one the eve of the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of Victory over Nazi Germany.
Barusin said they were trained by instructors from NATO countries.
The DPR’s defense ministry noted that this was confirmed by the reports of the OSCE monitoring mission.
The OSCE report as of April 22 said that local citizens in the village of Luhanskoye, to the north of Debaltsevo, have been warned that they would have to leave their homes before May 9 as combat actions could resume there.
"This confirms the planned large-scale provocations and a thorough preparation for them," he said.
The self-proclaimed Donetsk republic has beefed up security measures amid planned provocations. In particular, commandant and patrol services have been reinforced and checks at roadblocks and checkpoints have been tightened. Law enforcement agencies will also help to identify suspicious activity.