MOSCOW, April 28. /TASS/. Ukraine’s troops have violated the ceasefire in Donbas 51 times over the day, Eduard Basurin, a spokesman for the defence ministry of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), said on Tuesday.
"Over the past 24 hours, we registered 51 episodes of ceasefire violation along the line of engagement, including six episodes of shelling from artillery units, and 24 - from mortars," he said, adding that three civilians had been wounded in the shelling.
Basurin said that information about ceasefire violations by the Ukrainian troops had been referred to the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination (JCCC) and to the Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
"I would like to stress that even in such difficult situation our units are observing ceasefire and do not yield to provocations," he added.
A peace deal struck on February 12 in Minsk, Belarus, by the leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France envisaged a ceasefire between Ukrainian forces and people’s militias starting from February 15, followed by withdrawal of heavy weapons from the line of military engagement and prisoner release.
Among the terms of the deal was agreement for international observers sent by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) to monitor the truce.